Friday, March 30, 2007

The Presence of the Lord

What do you think of when you see the sunrise? Do you see new possibilities? Do you see new chances? Do you see hope? I know that everymorning when the sun rises the Lord is present with me. I know that every noonday when the sun is high overhead (I have a good memory) baking the life out of everything on the ground- I know the Lord is present with me there too. I know that when the sun slips low below the horizon and sets the clouds on fire- then also is the Lord with me. I know in the dark watches of the long cold nights that brook no talk of happiness- I know that then, too, the Lord is with me. I know He is present in the lifting and present in the laying low. I know that He is present in the joining and present in the sundering. I know that He is present when I wake and present when I lie down to sleep at night. I know that God who is my Lord is ever-present with me. Do you remember He is there when you hurt? Do you remember He is there when you rejoice? Do you remember that He is there when you sin against Him? You cannot escape the creator. He is always here; He is always present.

7 comments:

Luke (alias "Lines With Chrome") said...

I was thinking something similar as I watched the sun rise last Sunday (pics on my blog). Good post.

Anonymous said...

Joseph -- this is a blessed reminder of God's provision on us and His ever watchful eye on those He loves. Amen and Amen

Coffee Joe said...

It is a lot to consider. I know that I have hardly scratched the surface of the implications of God's presence.

Stephen Isham said...

Hey. Isn't this the same thing David said in Psalm 139?

Coffee Joe said...

Hey. Isn't thinking thoughts after God's thoughts the thing to do?

Stephen Isham said...

Hhmmm... Well, we are commanded to think.

Could this be a type of meditation?

Anonymous said...

If it's December I think it must be about 11:00