Monday, March 05, 2007

The Lion Inside

Shield me oh Lord from the wicked that surround me
And from my enemies within protect me oh my God
The truth of your Word lies heavy in the vault
The lion paces in the cage
Unleash my defender oh Lord and let him fight.

Forgive me oh Lord for I have sinned
Have mercy upon me in my hour of distress
My sins consume me
Let loose the Lion inside
Fight for me my Lord.

I am tired from the hiding
And all the running has made me weak
Let me stand in thy holy presence
Gird my loins with righteousness.
Make a path for me to walk upon oh Lord
Go before and clear the way.

Make me to stand in thy Word
Cause me to see what the world has hidden
Raise my broken body up
And fill me with thy strength.

To you, oh Lord, who saved my soul
To you I give my blessing
Let the praise from my lips flow from within
From the heart that you have made.

No comments: