Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Rouse Him- He is needed now and in the hour of my death

Who has heard it in the night?
Who has heard the shots?
We die while they debate,
And we die while we wait.

But we have hope
And we hold fast
And when we fall
We'll be home at last.

I dream a dream
While the world tears apart
I dream a dream
With the pieces of my heart
I dream a dream
And faith holds me sure
I dream a dream
For His blood has made me pure.

Those we wait on as we sink
And those we hope for in the fight
May they know better than ourselves
As we drown waiting for their light
May we not spurn them in their fear
For we ourselves have been afraid
May we not spurn them in our fear
For God, our hope through Christ has made.

Teach me now and in the hour of my death
Awake my spirit deep inside
Fill me with your holy breath
And let the lion come outside

The beast is noble
The beast is hurt
The beast is raging
In the dirt

In this prison He has lain
And paced about with aching fear
And now the time for him to gain
The freedom that we hold so dear.

I sit and wait for you are worth it
And though I may not ever win
I feel the beast begin to stir
The lion Christ has put within.

No comments: