Wednesday, February 22, 2006

God Bless the Wind

sorrow and weeping
but part of my fabric
and in this being
do I move and breathe

And in this slime
always fighting
against myself and time
never righting

But who would deny?
Who they were inside
And who would change?
Who they were inside

Here I break your legs
And here I spit in your face
Now get up
You've only twenty-six point two miles to go.

Run you bastard
All I want to hear is your broken bones crunch
Let the blood spit
And slick the path behind you

You are illegitimate
There is no sympathy
And if you have it for yourself
You are a coward.

And so when the alarm sounds
Early in the morning
I rise to be beaten
I rise in the hopes that today will be my last.

In the hopes that this burden will be lifted
That this great weight
This impossible load
I will no longer carry

I cannot put it down myself
I cannot move up with it on my back
I can only stare towards the summit
And feel the wind on my face.

No comments: