Saturday, June 30, 2007

What I'm Fighting For


You don't know
You don't understand
You have not been there
And your actions betray you anyways.

While the snowflakes fall
Slowly to the earth
I know peace.

I am nothing here
And you have made sure that I feel it
I am nothing here
And your words are a cruel hollow joke.

In the wind blowing
Chapping my skin and bringing hard the cold
I know peace.

I may fall soon
And it will be nothing to you
For sometimes you have to break someone to make someone
And I need breaking.

Not all loads are a burden
Not all work saps your soul
I remain restless until I find rest in thee.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

hey joe, what kinda skis are yall on?

Coffee Joe said...

I don't remember- the picture was from 2003 or 2004. I'm not sure I was even on skis on that trip.