Monday, February 19, 2007

Understanding What?

You know, I wonder sometimes about just what it is that makes me the way I am- and anyone who knows me has no idea what I am talking about- so if you don't know me, don't worry, you are not missing anything. What I want to know is, if I understand how I came to be, can I change anything? If knowing changes things, then there is real motivation to look into the past. If knowing is some sort of trivia, that just informs you on what to avoid if you ever reproduce, well then, I just don't have the same motivation.

I am tempted to make comparisons between myself and the middle east. Let's say we knew conclusively why the middle east is the hot bed of overflowing joy that it currently is. What would that mean for fixing anything? Is this a problem of too many factors to digest and put in their place? Or is it a problem of principle- are fixing it and knowing how it got that way two unrelated things? Or is it a poor analogy?

No comments: